ABOUT GUN CONTROL MANIA
and published the results in their official newsletter, "The Informant".
has taken a survey knows the pitfalls of vague or misleading questions.
2. Do you support a limitation on magazine capacity? NO - 82.2%
3. Do you support a law-abiding private citizen's right to carry a concealed weapon? YES - 84.9%
4. Do you believe that armed, law-abiding citizens are a threat to you as a police officer? NO - 87.8%
5. Have recent gun laws (weapons bans, magazine capacity limits, and increased waiting periods) reduced violent crime in your area? NO - 94.2%
6. Would you support a point of sale background check (instant check) for the purchase of a firearm? YES - 92.1%
7. Does gun ownership by private citizens increase public safety? YES - 87.1%
8. Do you believe the criminal justice system needs streamlining and reform? YES - 99.2%
9. Do you believe in the death penalty? YES - 99.2%
10. Do you believe that restrictive gun laws will reduce violent crime? NO - 92.1%
11. Do you believe that gun buy-back or turn-in programs take guns out of the hands of criminals? NO - 98.5%
12. Do you believe that misuse of a firearm in a crime should result in stiff, mandatory sentences with no plea bargaining? YES - 95.6%
Please contact the San Diego Police Officers Association for copies of this poll or talk to your local police officer about his/her views on gun control.