Follow Book & Flag
THE TRUE ANSWERS
God Bless America!
1. PRESENCE OF GUNS CONTRIBUTES TO HIGHER SUICIDE RATES
All gun-suicides that were statistically reduced by Canada's handgun ban of 1976 were substituted 100% by suicides using other methods. - Rich, Young, Fowler, Wagner and Black The American Journal of Psychiatry, Mar. 1990
2. ARMED ACTION IS BEST LEFT TO THE POLICE
Percentage of times armed police have succeeded in wounding or driving off criminals: 68%
Percentage of times armed private citizens have succeeded in wounding or driving off criminals: 83% - Civil Rights Attorney Don Kates St. Louis University School Of Law
3. ARMED PRIVATE CITIZENS WILL SHOOT MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE THAN PROFESSIONAL CRIME FIGHTERS
Percentage of persons who are innocent of a crime being shot by armed police: 11%
Percentage of persons who are innocent of a crime being shot by armed private citizens: 2% - Ibid.
4. ACLU CLAIMS 60 GUN DEATHS PER DAY.
6,849 lives are defended by privately owned firearms per day. - National Self Defense Survey
5. ACLU CLAIMS THAT A HANDGUN SHOOTS SOMEONE EVERY TWO MINUTES
A handgun prevents a criminal attack every 16 seconds. - Ibid.
6. ACLU CLAIMS HANDGUNS ARE USED IN RAPES, ROBBERIES AND ASSAULTS
There are a dozen handgun uses to defend against rape for each use of a handgun by a rapist.
There are twice as many handgun defenses against robbery as there are incidences of robbery committed with a handgun.
There are about 1.5 times more defenses against non-sexual assault than such assault with handguns. - Ibid.
7. A GUN IN THE HOME IS GOING TO KILL AN INNOCENT PERSON
A gun in the home for protection is about 216 times as likely to be used in a defense against a criminal than it is to cause the death of an innocent victim in that household. - National Self Defense Survey
8. ACCIDENTAL DEATHS BY FIREARMS IS AT CRISIS LEVELS
Firearm accidents are down 40% from ten years ago, and down 80% from 50 years ago. - Ibid.
9. USING A FIREARM FOR DEFENSE INCREASES YOUR RISK OF BEING INJURED
A robbery victim who uses a firearm to resist is 50% less likely to be injured as someone who either doesn't resist or uses another weapon.
An assault victim who resists with a firearm is 60% less likely to be injured than the victim who either doesn't resist or uses another weapon. - Ibid.